Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Cheer

So much has been going on! Where do I start? BRISTOL! She's walking/running everywhere. It seems like she grows up a little more each day. She is a mess! Daddy has her so spoiled rotten and it's making him crazy. Ha!

I went out on a limb and applied for a promotion at work. I GOT THE POSITION-Director of Health Services! I am super excited. I really am amazed at how much I love my job and the people I get to work with everyday. Hopefully they will keep me around for awhile:)
Joe has been busy, this is his busy season. The good thing is, he stays out of my hair. I am working on socializing more, most people that are friends with Joe have no idea he has a wife. I do exist I just don't like to socialize much.

Christmas, we always have such a hard time with the holidays but I am determined to make this better. We normally buy gifts for a little girl and drop them off at a local toys for tots drop off location. This selfishly has fulfilled my need to buy gifts for Kennedy. This year we are doing it different. Yesterday I called our local women's shelter and they connected us to a mother that is out of a domestic violence situation and living in the shelter. She has a 2 year old girl and 3 year old boy. We are giving them Christmas! I am so excited to be able to witness them opening gifts and seeing their faces when they do. I am not saying this for any reason other than to let our family know that rather than sending gifts to Pennsylvania that you may or may not use, we will be sponsoring this family.

School is going on, still. I must say I'm a bit burned out. Thankfully I graduate March 2014. I will definitely be taking some much needed time off from it then!

Today someone bought my coffee for me in the McDonald's drive thru line and it made me realize that we all just live our lives day to day going through the motions. That simple gesture made my entire day! Unfortunately the guy also bought the guy behind me his meal so I couldn't pay it forward then but I did in the Chik-Fil-a drive thru at lunch today. The lady sped up to me at a light and waved while holding up her bag. Her smile was huge! It is such a good feeling to help or do good for others, I wish I had the resources to do this more often or on a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment